Pear Audio Cornet: Groundbreaking tone-arm design
Revolutionary Unipivot Technology in Cornet 1 and Cornet 2 Tonearms.
Cornet 1 and Cornet 2 tone-arms are the culmination of the Tom Fletcher’s continuing development of the Space Arm. Unipivot arms are usually designed with the pivot sitting in a silicone bath. The problem with this design is that the silicone bath takes quite a while to settle down, so the sound of the arm changes as it plays. Many unipivots uses eccentric counter weights to insure proper azimuth.
Cornet’s unipivot design uses a new approach: to maintain azimuth, along with a special material, developed with viscosity properties that do not flow and do not require “settling time”.
A Sonic Revolution
A hi-tech carbon fibre tube with fibres along the length, not wrapped around the arm, greatly increases the strength, resonance control and rigidity of the arm. Cornet arms also have an unusual new headshell design. Meticulous attention to the material went into the development, producing an arm more sonically in phase. The headshell also has no finger lift. These features ensure that the arm is properly balanced and no uncontrolled resonances run around the headshell.
|Distance from Tone arm center to spindle||222 mm|
|Effective mass||12,50 g|
|Arm’s length||29,50 mm|
|Tonearm effective length||239 mm|
Exploring the Sonic Nuances
The Cornet 1 tonearm shares most of the same performance features of the more expensive Cornet 2 – long grain Carbon fiber, Unipivot design, in-line headshell and a magnificent marriage of materials. All Pear Audio arms share the same family of sound in order for all to sound right in combination. Thereby the differences between the two arms are subtle yet still clearly audible.
Reviews & Awards
- LARSEN 6 will play on a PEAR AUDIO Blue – Integrated tube amp
- Positive Feedback, issue 77, 01-2015 - Reference Phono Stage
- GamuT, Larsen, and Pear Audio Win TAS Editors Choice 2017 Awards
- GamuT and Pear Audio Win Awards at LA Audio Show 2017
- Pear Audio Blue Cornet 2 Tonearm Named Tone Audio Publisher’s Choice 2016
- Pear Audio Blue Cornet 2 Tonearm Named TAS Editor’s Choice 2017
- Captain John Handy mit Cornet 1 Tonarm - Image hifi 05-2016